NOCN is the only AO and EPAO to be an accredited Leader in Diversity with the NCFD (National Centre for Diversity) and its ‘Valuing All’ programme ensures its business and ways of working incorporate equality, diversity and inclusivity.
NOCN is a socially responsible organisation that gives equal access to opportunities and removes barriers to involvement. Our relentless drive for fairness for all allows participation by the widest pool of talent - with everyone empowered to go as far and as fast as their talents and energies allow. This makes industry fit to face the challenges of the twentyfirst century, boosting productivity and improving the UK workforce’s skills capacity.
In 2016 NOCN was the very first Awarding Organisation and Apprentice End Point Assessment Organisation to receive Leaders in Diversity status. Reaccredited by the National Centre for Diversity, in July 2017, our robust equality, diversity and inclusion policy is called ‘Valuing All’ - reflecting the fact that all people are valued by NOCN.
Valuing All – Equality, Diversity, Inclusion
Download Valuing All leaflet
Valuing All is the name of the shared NOCN and One Awards Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Action Plan.
We are committed to Valuing All people, giving equal access to opportunities, removing discrimination and breaking down barriers to involvement. The logo represents everyone, proud of our diversity, all equally included.
What is EDI?
- Equality - It’s not about treating everyone the same, it’s about ensuring equality of opportunity by considering different needs and capabilities.
- Diversity - Recognising and valuing differences regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, race, religion/belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity status and marital or other status.
- Inclusion - It’s a universal human right! To include all people irrespective of race, gender, disability or another attribute which can be perceived as different.
Valuing All - Principles
- Opportunities for everyone
- Investing in our people
- Commitment to inclusion
- Celebrating diversity
- Measure what matters
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who don’t
- Foster or encourage good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who don’t
Eliminate unlawful discrimination
- Train 100 of staff in FREDIE through the EDW Champions by end of July 2019
- Review 100 of HR policies and procedures to ensure they are fit for purpose and legally compliant
- Analyse the equality monitoring data to identify any underrepresented groups within the organisation take positive action to address any under representation by end 2019
Advance Equality of Opportunity
- Embed FREDIE in to all of our practices
- Include Group Values and Behaviours within PDRs by end of 2019
- Complete a Gender Pay Gap report by end July 2019
- Action plan results from the HIVE surveys to advance equality of opportunity for all staff recognise staff satisfaction improvement rate by 5 by end 2019
Foster or Encourage Good Relations
- Establish EDW Committee to lead on EDW initiatives and development hold at least 3 meetings per year
- Improve working conditions for all parts of the organisation source new office space for One Awards
- Introduce mental health awareness training for 100 staff by end 2019
- Respond to H&S audit findings by end of July 2019
- Promote FREDIE related Group activity via a dedicated section on our website to include the Diversity Calendar
- Sponsor FREDIE related awards and events
What is FREDIE?
- Fairness - Being reasonable, right and just
- Respect - Having due regard for feelings, wishes and rights of others
- Equality - Where every person has equal rights and every person has a fair chance
- Diversity - Diverse means different We are all different so diversity includes us all The concept of diversity encompasses understanding, acceptance and respect
- Inclusion - Where every person feels respected, valued and that they fit in with the organisational culture
- Engagement - Two-way commitment and communication between an organisation and its employees
NOCN collects and measures data for its products and services to show how it is performing against its objectives for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. See our most recent report in the download below.